Please note, this is a STATIC archive of website hashcat.net from 08 Oct 2020, cach3.com does not collect or store any user information, there is no "phishing" involved.

hashcat Forum

Full Version: ERROR: clCreateBuffer() -61 on -plus-0.09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On -plus-0.09 the examples run fine, but when I try to load a 103MB sha1 hash file (2.6M hashes) I get clCreateBuffer() -61 no matter if I use rules, -n, --gpu-loops, etc.

I can run the exact same arguments on -plus-0.08 and it works fine.
Yeah, oclHashcat-plus 0.09 requires more RAM because of SHA512.
Ahh, I have experienced this !

So thats why ! ha ha ! Can I ask a really n00b question please, someone has to !!

Do you mean RAM on GPU or RAM as normal computer RAM ?

Thanks.
GPU memory.
(07-03-2012, 01:28 PM)gat3way Wrote: [ -> ]GPU memory.

Thank you !

I am glad no one else noticed I asked that n00b question Smile
Hmm, so basically the only way around this is to pre-split hash files, right? There's no way oclHashcat can parse the -m argument prior to allocating memory (has to do with the way the kernels are built?)

In that case, any thoughts of adding auto-splitting of hash files? One way would be to create a temp dir and split the hash file into it. Maybe it would be possible to read the file in chunks and just handle that in memory?
it would be easier to build hash-type specific memory segments than to load chunks, but that is something with not so high priority yet on my todo list