Please note, this is a STATIC archive of website hashcat.net from 08 Oct 2020, cach3.com does not collect or store any user information, there is no "phishing" involved.

hashcat Forum

Full Version: RX Vega + Ubuntu 16.04.3 = no OpenCL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having an issue getting hashcat to work with fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04.3. Installed the supported AMD drivers (amdgpu-pro-17.30-465504) and am completely unable to run hashcat. See error and details below:

uname -a
Linux cpupirate-Miner01 4.10.0-32-generic #36~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 9 09:19:02 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
Release:    16.04
Codename:    xenial

dpkg -l amdgpu-pro
+++-====================================-=======================-=======================-=====
ii  amdgpu-pro                           17.30-465504            amd64                   Meta package to install amdgpu Pro components.

./hashcat64.bin -b
hashcat (v3.6.0) starting in benchmark mode...

/home/hashcat/OpenCL/: No such file or directory

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

In this setup the GPU does display the screen however I have the onboard enabled as I plan to run this headless as a miner and pw cracking rig. I tried installed the driver with the --compute option as well with the same result.
Adding an update, doesnt appear to be limited to Hashcat, looks like its OpenCL as a whole at the moment. Still looking for answers but trouble shooting the overall recognition issue for the card now.
Yeah, I've been banging my head off the desk for a few hours on this as well. opencl just isn't seeing the card. Remainder of the driver appears to be working fine, glx/dri etc. Tried with ROCm and amdgpu-pro.

Does partially work in windows. Some tests fail and eventually the system locks up on win 10.
I don't know if you are new to Linux so forgive me if you have already done all this, but did you try to download the source and build locally?

Open a terminal and create a build directory and then cd into that directory.
mkdir /home/YOUR_USER_NAME/hashcat
cd /home/YOUR_USER_NAME/hashcat

You might need to install git before the following will work.
sudo apt-get install git

Then type the following commands:
git clone https://github.com/hashcat/hashcat.git
cd hashcat

git submodule update --init
make

Then you can try running it before installing it:
./hashcat -b

I can't remember if there are any dependencies that I needed to download with apt-get. Anyway, try the above and get back to me.