Please note, this is a STATIC archive of website hashcat.net from 08 Oct 2020, cach3.com does not collect or store any user information, there is no "phishing" involved.

hashcat Forum

Full Version: MS Office NON-ASCII characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community,

I'm trying to crack some hashes created with the turkish characters. The passwords I'm trying to crack contain the characters "ş", "Ş", "Ğ", "ğ", "İ", "ı".

I can crack these hashes in -m 13000 with using an UTF-8 dictionary. But I can not crack these hashes in -m 9700 (MS Office files). 

To solve this problem, I created an Office document and encrypted it with the character "ş". Then run hashcat with brute-force for 1-4 characters (with following masks: ?b, ?b?b, ?b?b?b, ?b?b?b?b), nothing found.

Can you help me to solve this problem? 

Hmm, no strong ideas here yet from me.

Cross-check idea: what method are you using to extract the MS Office hashes? Have you verified your method by setting a simple ASCII password, extracting it, and then cracking it?
I have used different tools, even I extract hashes myself using a hex editor. That means I'm sure the hashes are verified.
I tried only-ASCII passwords in hashcat, they are all cracked.